Friday, June 22, 2007

sketchies revisited...

More bus practice. I've found that these come out a lot better when I'm riding on the bus as opposed to sitting at a table. I guess the increased concentration required to counter all the rocking and jerking movements of an MTA bus (that were all apparently built without shock absorbers) means every line I put down was thought out instead of just put down any old place. I have a nasty habit of rushing through drawings, so drawing on the bus, in ink, forces me to slow down...






It also gives me some awesome shapes I'd never have come up with on my own. Oddly enough they remind me of the Hubley/Schribner work that John K's been posting on his blog.

Also, I apologize for not updating the aristocrat piece, I've been too busy earning money. :P

No comments: