Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Steady as she goes...

Sorry for the lack of posts, but right now my life is once again in a state of flux. For the last few days I've been staying in Valencia with a friend and have been auditing classes as Cal Arts, preparing my portfolio for submission. It's been a crazy couple of days, life drawing 8-10 hours a day everyday and not really having any time for much else. Unfortunately I don't have access to a scanner at the moment so I haven't really been able to post anything.

Being here is really wierd. Me and Rob planned this out about a year ago and here we are... almost there. And if we DO manage to get accepted, it would only be the beginning. I'm exhausted just thinking about it... and how easy it would be for me to just say, "F-it" and work a regular studio job. But I feel compelled to go the distance. I'm 25 and feel like an old man compared to some of these kids, regular power-houses these guys are! I feel energized just being in their vicinity. It feels right.

4 comments:

Mick said...

easy to dump the plan certainly. Stay at it, work work work is the key. Practice and doing things you don't really want to do is how it works. Sure we all want to be a character designer, an art director, a key animator but someone has to do the grunt work... when it is your turn it is your turn. Stick with it man, with your skills you will ceratinly come out a champion. If you don't get in, so what keep going. Good luck

Puga Vida said...

Hey stone welcome back! we miss ya over at A.I. and by the way, You and rob are gna get in to calarts no prob. Dont even break a sweat, Its destiny! Im thinking of going there too, if i won the lottery or robbed a bank.j/k but in all seriouseness, Your gna be huge man, i can see it in you, go kick some ass and dont forget about us lil ppl.

MOVED said...

Yeah!

Adrian C. said...

These drawings are nice, Daniel.

Your post is inspiring and is fuel for the pursuit of my own ambitions. I applaud you for your tenacity. No bull jive!

I wish you the best of luck in trying to get into CalArts. You can do it!